Getting Your Accident Report from the Irvine PD
Have you been involved in a serious auto accident that was responded to by the Irvine Police Department? If so, we recommend that you obtain a copy of your traffic accident report.
Victims of serious vehicle accidents often face significant financial burdens because of the resulting medical bills, lost wages, and property damage. The police accident report for your crash contains essential evidence that you’ll need as you attempt to obtain maximum compensation for your losses.
Here we’ve explained your options for obtaining a copy of your Irvine Police Department accident report.
Need assistance? Let our qualified attorneys help.
We understand that the time following a serious traffic accident is filled with pain, shock, anxiety, and confusion. If you find yourself in this situation, we want to help. Complete the short form below and one of our qualified injury attorneys will contact you to help you track down your report.
How to Request a Copy of Your Irvine Police Accident Report
According to the City of Irvine’s official website, you can request of copy of your report in-person, on the phone, or via mail.
Requesting Your Report In-Person
Head over to the business desk at the Irvine Police Department:
Irvine Police Department
1 Civic Center Plaza
Irvine, CA 92606-5207
The business desk is open Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 8pm, and Saturdays from 9am to 1pm. Be sure to bring valid government issued identification.
Requesting Your Report Over the Phone
To request your report over the phone call the Irvine PD business desk at 949-724-7000.
Requesting (and Receiving) Your Report Through the Mail
If you need to request your report through the mail, you must mail in a notarized written request to the Irvine PD via US mail. The items you must include are:
- A legible copy of a valid pictured government issued ID.
- Your report number.
- A self-addressed stamped envelope.
Mail your accident report request to:
Irvine Police Department
P.O. Box 19575
Irvine, CA 92623-9575
ATTN: Police Records
Important Items to Note About Obtaining Your Report:
- The Irvine Police Department does not charge a fee for traffic accident reports.
- Your traffic accident report request will be reviewed for eligibility for release.
- If it’s determined that a Detective must review your request, it may take up to 10 days to find out whether you report is eligible for release.
- Call 949-724-7000 or 949-724-7062 for updates on the status of your request.
- You are required go in-person to the business desk and present valid government issued identification when picking up your accident report.
Serious Accident? You May Need to Fill Out a DMV SR-1 Form
California law requires that you fill out a DMV SR-1 Form within 10 days of your accident if:
- There was property damage of more than $1,000
- Anyone was injured
- Anyone was killed
If your accident meets any of these criteria, we can help you fill out and submit your form. Please call us anytime or contact us online for help.