Anaheim Police Department Traffic Accident Reports

Getting Your Accident Report from the Anaheim PD


Have you been involved in a serious traffic accident that was responded to by the Anaheim Police Department? If so, we recommend that you obtain a copy of your traffic accident report.

Victims of serious vehicle accidents often face significant financial hardship due to lost wages, property damage, and a pileup of medical bills. The police accident report contains important evidence that you’ll need in order to obtain maximum compensation for your troubles.

Here, we’ve explained your options for obtaining a copy of your Anaheim Police Department accident report.

Need assistance? Let our qualified attorneys help.

We understand that the time following a serious traffic accident is filled with pain, shock, anxiety, and confusion. If you find yourself in this situation, we want to help. Complete the short form below and one of our qualified injury attorneys will contact you to help you track down your report.


How to Request a Copy of Your Anaheim Police Accident Report

According to the City of Anaheim official website, you may request a copy of your report in-person, on the phone, or online.

Requesting Your Report In-Person

Head over to the business desk at the Anaheim Police Department:

Anaheim Police Department

425 S. Harbor Boulevard
Anaheim, CA 92805
Get directions

The business desk is open Monday through Sunday, 6am to 12:45am. Be sure to bring in valid government issued identification.

Requesting Your Report Over the Phone

To request your report over the phone, call the Anaheim PD business desk at 714-765-1990.

Requesting (and Receiving) Your Non-Injury Report Online

If you choose to request your non-injury accident report online, you must click the link on Anaheim’s Traffic Accident Reports page titled Search for traffic accident report. You must input the following information to find your accident report online:

  • Your report number.
  • Your last name.
  • The date of your accident.

Important Items to Note About Obtaining Your Non-Injury Traffic Accident Report:

  • All non-injury reports take a minimum of 10 business days from the date of your accident before you may find your report online.

Requesting (and Receiving) Your Injury-Related Report Online

If you choose to request your accident report online, you must fill out the  form:  Request a Copy of a Police Report. You must input the following information to access your accident report online:

  • Your accident details.
  • Your report number.
  • Your personal information (name, address, signature, a scanned copy of your photo ID).

Requesting (and Receiving) Your Injury-Related Report Through the Mail

You may request your injury-related traffic accident report via U.S. mail. You must include the following:

  • A legible copy of a valid government issued ID.
  • Your traffic accident information.
  • A self-addressed stamped envelope.

Mail your accident report request to:

Anaheim Police Department
425 S Harbor Boulevard
Anaheim, CA 92805
ATTN: Records Bureau

Important Items to Note About Obtaining Your Injury-Related Traffic Accident Report:

  • The Anaheim Police Department does charge a fee for injury-related traffic accident reports. Copy fees are $0.50 cents for the first page and $0.20 cents for each page thereafter.
  • If you’re unable to send a scanned copy of your photo ID along with the form, you must either go in-person to the business desk or submit your request with a copy of your photo ID via U.S. mail.
  • Your injury-related traffic accident report request will be reviewed for eligibility for release and may take 7 to 10 business days to process.
  • If you do not have your report number, call the Anaheim PD Records Section at 714-765-1990 to retrieve your report number.
  • Call 714-765-1990 for updates on the status of your request.
  • You are required go in-person to the business desk and present valid government issued identification when picking up your accident reports.

Serious Accident? You May Need to Fill Out a DMV SR-1 Form

California law requires that you fill out a DMV SR-1 Form within 10 days of your accident if:

  • There was property damage of more than $1,000
  • Anyone was injured
  • Anyone was killed

If your accident meets any of these criteria, we can help you fill out and submit your form. Please call us anytime or contact us online for help.


Aria Miran
Share this post

Need Legal Assistance?

Feel free to get in touch with us and we will get back to you as soon as possible

    CALL (415) 612-3725