Have you been involved in a serious traffic accident that was responded to by the Tustin Police Department? If so, we recommend that you request a copy of your traffic accident report.
Victims of serious vehicle accidents often face significant financial hardship due to an assortment of medical bills, lost earnings, and property damage. The police accident report contains important information that you’ll need in order to receive full compensation for your losses.
Here, we’ve explained your options for obtaining a copy of your Tustin Police Department accident report.
Need assistance? Let our qualified attorneys help.
We understand that the time following a serious traffic accident is filled with pain, shock, anxiety, and confusion. If you find yourself in this situation, we want to help. Complete the short form below and one of our qualified injury attorneys will contact you to help you track down your report.
How to Request a Copy of Your Tustin Police Accident Report
According to the City of Tustin official website, you may request a copy of your report in-person or online.
Requesting Your Report In-Person
Head over to the front desk at the Tustin Police Department Records Unit:
Tustin Police Department Records Unit
300 Centennial Way
Tustin, CA 92780
The business desk is open Monday through Saturday, 7am to 6:30pm. Make sure to bring valid government issued identification.
Requesting (and Receiving) Your Accident Report Online
If you choose to obtain your accident report online, you must fill out the online form found on the LexisNexis website: Request an online report involving a traffic collision. You must input the following information:
- Your personal information.
- Your accident details.
- Your report number.
Important Items to Note About Obtaining Your Report:
- LexisNexis does charge a $10.00 convenience fee when you request a traffic accident report online.
- If you go in-person to the Tustin PD Records front desk, you must present valid government issued identification when picking up your accident report. You do not have to pay a fee if you request a report in-person.
- Your traffic accident report request will be reviewed for eligibility for release.
- Accident reports may take around 14-21 days to process from the date of your accident.
- If you do not know your report number, or have any other questions, you may call the Tustin Police Department front desk at 714-573-3200
Serious Accident? You May Need to Fill Out a DMV SR-1 Form
California law requires that you fill out a DMV SR-1 Form within 10 days of your accident if:
- There was property damage of more than $1,000
- Anyone was injured
- Anyone was killed
If your accident meets any of these criteria, we can help you fill out and submit your form. Please call us anytime or contact us online for help.