Have you been involved in a serious traffic accident that was responded to by the Westminster Police Department? If so, we recommend that you request a copy of your traffic accident report.
Victims of serious vehicle accidents often face significant financial hardship due to medical bills, lost wages, and property damage sustained from the collision. The police accident report contains important information that you’ll need in order to receive the most compensation for your troubles.
Here, we’ve explained your options for obtaining a copy of your Westminster Police Department accident report.
Need assistance? Let our qualified attorneys help.
We understand that the time following a serious traffic accident is filled with pain, shock, anxiety, and confusion. If you find yourself in this situation, we want to help. Complete the short form below and one of our qualified injury attorneys will contact you to help you track down your report.
How to Request a Copy of Your Westminster Police Accident Report
According to the Westminster official website, you may request a copy of your report in-person or online. A report takes around 10 days after the date of your accident to process.
Requesting Your Report In-Person
Head over to the business desk at the Westminster Police Department:
Westminster Police Department
8200 Westminster Blvd
Westminster, CA 92683
The business desk is open Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. Make sure to bring valid government issued identification.
Requesting (and Receiving) Your Accident Report Online
In order to request your accident report online, you must complete the online form: Request your Online Traffic Collision Report. You must enter the following information to access your report online:
- Your connection to the accident.
- Your personal information.
- Your report number.
- Your accident details.
Important Items to Note About Obtaining Your Report:
- The Westminster Police Department does charge a convenience fee for online traffic accident reports. An online report costs $10.00.
- If you go in-person during normal business hours, you do not have to pay a fee to obtain your report.
- Your traffic accident report request will be reviewed for eligibility for release.
- The Records unit may take up to 10 days to review your request.
- You are required go in-person to the business desk and present valid government issued identification when picking up your accident report.
- If you do not know your report number, or have any other questions, you may call the Westminster PD at 714-898-3315.
Serious Accident? You May Need to Fill Out a DMV SR-1 Form
California law requires that you fill out a DMV SR-1 Form within 10 days of your accident if:
- There was property damage of more than $1,000
- Anyone was injured
- Anyone was killed
If your accident meets any of these criteria, we can help you fill out and submit your form. Please call us anytime or contact us online for help.