Have you been involved in a serious traffic accident that was responded to by the Huntington Beach Police Department? If so, we recommend that you request a copy of your traffic accident report.
Victims of serious vehicle accidents often face significant financial hardship caused by loss of earnings, property damage, and a pileup of medical bills. The police accident report contains important information that you’ll need in order to receive the maximum compensation for your troubles.
Here, we’ve explained your options for obtaining a copy of your Huntington Beach Police Department accident report.
Need assistance? Let our qualified attorneys help.
We understand that the time following a serious traffic accident is filled with pain, shock, anxiety, and confusion. If you find yourself in this situation, we want to help. Complete the short form below and one of our qualified injury attorneys will contact you to help you track down your report.
How to Request a Copy of Your Huntington Beach Police Accident Report
According to the Huntington Beach official website, you may request a copy of your report in-person or online.
Requesting Your Report In-Person
Head over to the Records Bureau Counter at the Huntington Beach Police Department:
Huntington Beach Police Department
2000 Main Street
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
The Records Bureau counter is open Tuesday through Thursday, 8am to 5pm, and the weekend, 8am to 12 noon. Make sure to bring valid government issued identification.
Requesting (and Receiving) Your Accident Report Online
If you choose to request your accident report online, you must complete the form: Request an online report involving a traffic collision. You must input the following information to access your accident report online:
- Your personal information.
- Your accident details.
- Your report number.
Important Items to Note About Obtaining Your Report:
- The Huntington Beach PD does charge a convenience fee when you request a traffic accident report online. If you go in-person, you will not have to pay the convenience fee.
- Your traffic accident report request will be reviewed for eligibility for release.
- Accident reports may take around 5 business days to process from the date of your accident. Wait at least 5 business days before you request your report.
- If you go in-person to the Records Bureau counter, you must present valid government issued identification when picking up your accident report.
- If your accident involved a fatality, or if you otherwise can’t find your report, you must call the Huntington Beach Records Department at 714-536-5641.
Serious Accident? You May Need to Fill Out a DMV SR-1 Form
California law requires that you fill out a DMV SR-1 Form within 10 days of your accident if:
- There was property damage of more than $1,000
- Anyone was injured
- Anyone was killed
If your accident meets any of these criteria, we can help you fill out and submit your form. Please call us anytime or contact us online for help.