Lake Forest Police Department Traffic Accident Reports

Lake Forest Police Accident ReportsHave you been involved in a serious traffic accident that was responded to by the Lake Forest Police Department? If so, we recommend that you request a copy of your traffic accident report.

Victims of serious vehicle accidents often face significant financial hardship caused by lost wages, property damage, and an assortment of medical bills. The police accident report contains important information that you’ll need in order to receive the most compensation for your troubles.

Here, we’ve explained your options for obtaining a copy of your  Lake Forest Police Department accident report.

Need assistance? Let our qualified attorneys help.

We understand that the time following a serious traffic accident is filled with pain, shock, anxiety, and confusion. If you find yourself in this situation, we want to help. Complete the short form below and one of our qualified injury attorneys will contact you to help you track down your report.


How to Request a Copy of Your Lake Forest Police Accident Report

Since the city of Lake Forest contracts with the Orange County Sheriff’s Department for police services, you must request your report through the Orange County website. According to the Orange County official website, you may request a copy of your report in-person, online, through email, U.S. mail, or via fax. Before you request a copy, contact the Orange County Records office at 714-834-6455 to confirm your report’s availability. You should wait 7 – 10 days after the date of your accident for your accident report to be processed.

Requesting Your Report In-Person

Head over to the front counter at the Orange County Sheriff’s Department:

Orange County Sheriff’s Department

320 N. Flower
Santa Ana, CA 92703
Get directions

The business desk is open Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. Make sure to bring valid government issued identification.

Requesting (and Receiving) Your Accident Report Online

If you choose to request your accident report online, you must complete the online form found on the Orange County official website:  Request your Online Traffic Collision Report. Enter the following information to access your online report:

  • Your connection to the accident.
  • Your personal information.
  • Your report number.
  • Your accident details.

Requesting (and Receiving) Your Accident Report through Email

To request your accident report through email, you must download and fill out the form by clicking the form link under To Make a Report Request by Email on the Orange County official website. Enter the following information in the downloaded form to access your accident report through email:

  • Your connection to the accident.
  • Your report number.
  • Your personal information.

Once the form is filled out, email your request to with your completed, and attached document.

Requesting (and Receiving) Your Report Through the Mail

If you would like to request your report through the mail, you must mail in a notarized written request to the Orange County Sheriff’s Department via U.S. mail. You must include the following:

Mail your accident report request to:

Orange County Sheriff’s Department
320 N Flower St
Santa Ana, CA 92703
ATTN: O.C. Sheriff’s Dept.

Requesting (and Receiving) Your Report via Fax

You may request your report from the Orange County Sheriff’s Department via fax. You must include the following item:

Fax your accident report request to:


Important Items to Note About Obtaining Your Report:

  • The Orange County Police Department does charge a fee for traffic accident reports. A report costs $0.15 cents a page.
  • Your traffic accident report request will be reviewed for eligibility for release.
  • The Records unit may take up to 10 days to review your request.
  • You are required go in-person to the business desk and present valid government issued identification when picking up your accident report. Payment is also due at this time.

Serious Accident? You May Need to Fill Out a DMV SR-1 Form

California law requires that you fill out a DMV SR-1 Form within 10 days of your accident if:

  • There was property damage of more than $1,000
  • Anyone was injured
  • Anyone was killed

If your accident meets any of these criteria, we can help you fill out and submit your form. Please call us anytime or contact us online for help.


Aria Miran
Share this post

Need Legal Assistance?

Feel free to get in touch with us and we will get back to you as soon as possible

    CALL (415) 612-3725